Me Card procedures - issues identification
From MeLibraries Wiki
Parking lot for identifying Me initiative procedural issues
- validation of email addresses (real or otherwise)
- how to handle checkins
- tracking "problem patrons"
- collecting fines
- return flags - are we just using the TAL ones for all items belonging to other libraries? (can't tell which items are Me returns vs TAL returns)
- lost/damaged items - who is ultimately responsible? (home library or lending library?)
- should we allow Me patrons to place TAL Online requests? Then they could use any library as a pickup location for interlibrary loans - for example, a Wetaskiwin (YRL) patron could use Camrose (PRL) as an ILL pickup location. This would be a big step toward true seamless access.
- it would be nice if academic libraries were included on the melibraries.ca website - then patrons would only need a single card to use any type of library
- plastic cards - we (PRL) are looking at introducing these. We thought it would be helpful if there were a symbol we could use on these that indicates the card can be used throughout Alberta (like the Plus symbol on VISA cards). This symbol could potentially be displayed at checkout counters so patrons could more easily recognize a Me library.