Difference between revisions of "Me Card procedures - issues identification"
From MeLibraries Wiki
(→Parking lot for identifying Me initiative procedural issues)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
Revision as of 16:23, 12 December 2013
Parking lot for identifying Me initiative procedural issues
- validation of email addresses (real or otherwise)
- how to handle checkins
- tracking "problem patrons"
- collecting fines
- return flags - are we just using the TAL ones for all items belonging to other libraries? (can't tell which items are Me returns vs TAL returns)
- lost/damaged items - who is ultimately responsible? (home library or lending library?)
- should we allow Me patrons to place TAL Online requests? Then they could use any library as a pickup location for interlibrary loans - for example, a Wetaskiwin (YRL) patron could use Camrose (PRL) as an ILL pickup location. This would be a big step toward true seamless access.
- it would be nice if academic libraries were included on the melibraries.ca website - then patrons would only need a single card to use any type of library
- plastic cards - we (PRL) are looking at introducing these. We thought it would be helpful if there were a symbol we could use on these that indicates the card can be used throughout Alberta (like the Plus symbol on VISA cards).